Ombre St. Patrick's Day Garland

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have a little last minute St. Patrick's day project to share with you. I wasn’t planning to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day. The last two days I have been sitting on the couch next to a sick little boy. I wasn’t allowed to leave his side except to get him more juice. I think I have seen Toy Story at least 20 times over the last two days. As much as I love my son, a woman can only watch toys come to life so many times. So on one of my juice runs, I checked out my felt stash. I found four different shades of green and a cream that I thought would be cute for a some St. Patrick's day décor. I set out to make an ombre garland. The perfect project for those sitting on the couch days.

SONY DSC
I used this as the stencil to help cut out my shamrocks.
SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC
I cut out 8 of each color. I cut 40 shamrocks. I would have loved to run over to my sewing machine to sew this together quickly. Since I wasn’t allowed to leave the couch. I just used embroidery thread to connect all of the shamrocks. It didn’t take as long as I thought it would.
SONY DSC
This project may be coming a little late this year. I will definitely be keeping it for next year too!
SONY DSC
41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.